Peplum, polka dots and pops of pink

twin_cities_kitty_fashion_blogtwin_cities_kitty_blue_peplum

twin_cities_kitty_peplum_polkadots

twin_cities_kitty_pops_of_pink

twin_cities_kitty_blue_and_pink

twin_cities_kitty_walking_away

The letter of the day is ‘P’ folks!
Peplum, polka dots and pink, while 3 of my favorite things on their own, somehow create some new brand of sartorial magic when combined in one outfit. I wish I could say I was being over-dramatic with that statement, but the combination of the pattern, cut and colors really does take me to my happy place.

Peplum! Everyone thought it was a passing trend when it became all the rage a few years ago, but it appears that this feminine cut is here to stay. I feel that peplum is love/hate for some, and I can understand that if you are one that tends to shy away from overly feminine styles. Also my guess (and it’s just a guess) is that it may not be the most flattering on pear shapes due to its tendency to emphasize the hip area. I, however, am on team love when it comes to peplum!

Polka dots! I have loved polka dots for as long as I can remember as evidenced by my first ever Caboodle case (if you have no idea what this is, I’m really sorry you never got to experience the magic) which was both pink and polka-dot patterned. While I don’t feel like the classic patterns, i.e. stripes, polka dots, plaids, etc. ever really go in or out of style, polka dots do seem to be everywhere lately.

Pink! I could have paired this ensemble with a neutral shoe/bag combo, however I can never resist an unexpected pop of color. This is especially true with pink since it is undeniably my favorite!
Happy Wednesday! Halfway to a 3-day weekend...
Shop the post below, and don’t forget to follow along!

Outfit:
Peplum top: Express (old) Similar // Skirt: Limited (on sale!) // Shoes: Aldo via DSW // Purse: Marc Jacobs (no longer available) similar Michael Kors version

0 comments:

Post a Comment